Project Accountant (Pharma Sector) California
Gleeds has an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Project Accountant who will be responsible for set up, monitoring and appraisal of the financial performance of the project in accordance with standardised project management processes and best practices. Special focus is on forward looking early warning input to the Project Manager and ensuring that necessary corrective actions are taken.
You will be site based in California
• Ensure transparent and consistent adherence to local financial accounting laws and principles including tax and duties issues
• Develop, implement and update the Project Accounting Plan
• Manage the interface to affiliates finance - respectively procurement department
• Agree on systems and requirements with local finance department and set up the work breakdown structure using local accounting system coding.
• Establish contact with the Local Accounting Director and secure the secondment of one of the Affiliate’s Accountants to the project team.
• Establish and reconcile the Local Accounting System’s rules to the PFA Guideline
• Implement the project financial accounting procedures and systems, financial accounting training and (kick-off) workshops for the project management team and / or contractor
• Define roles and responsibility, process and cost coding with local departments with placing purchase orders and execute invoicing.
• Provide actual cost data from accounting system
• Ensure actual data figures in Local Accounting System are project related and coded accurately
• Reconcile cost data of project cost ledger(s) and accounting system
• Administer (sub-) contracts and purchase orders including associated insurance policies, bank guarantees and project assets
• Administer change order, mobilisation and (pre-) authorisation logs
• Support local finance department in financial project close-out
• Assist to prepare the Project Completion report.
• Execute the Project Controls Process on Major Capital Projects as per Engineering Manual.
• Ensure that the Project Financial Accounting Process is carried out in accordance with the
Project Financial Accounting Procedure and the Project Financial Accounting Plan.
• Adhere to and enforce the clients’ policies and procedures especially relating to ethics and financial stewardship
• Ensure transparent and consistent adherence to local financial accounting laws and principle including tax and duties issues
• Support the Project Controls Engineer in managing the interface to all required Pharma Departments (e.g. Engineering, Finance, Procurement) and to the Architect/Engineers and Construction Contractors.
• Co-ordinate, lead/supervise and monitor the Project Controls activities of Contractors and other involved parties.
Qualifications: required educations / experiences / competencies
• Bachelor Degree in Economics/Business Administration/Finance or Engineering
• PMI or ACCE Project Control Professional, RICS member or similar would be an asset
• Knowledge of SAP R/3 (mainly PS module) is a must
• Motivating team player, drives results, good communication skills
• Good problem-solving and analytical skills
• Self-starter which requires minimal supervision
• Minimum 3 years professional experience in the area of project management or controlling
• Prepared to travel and to accept international project assignment of 2-3 years
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Jackie Lister, Recruitment Manager.
Closing date for applications : 26th April 2013
Gleeds is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Gleeds is an Investor in People
Ref: jl/phus /942