Construction Manager - China
Purpose: to manage the team for monitoring the contractors’ planning, progress and quality of the civil, M&E works in compliance with the contract programme and Employer’s Requirements.
1. Follow defined project process and system to lead and manage projects
2. Responsible for the completion of small to medium size projects within negotiating of contract, assembling project team, identifying appropriate resources needed, controlling budgetary and scheduling, ensuring project deliverables.
3. Serve as the key contact for communication efforts regarding project scope, planning, scheduling, manufacturing status, installation, field start-up and maintenance issues.
4. Take a leadership role within the group, and to mentor other project members as required.
1. Bidding-prepare the technical document and participate the employer interview, coordinate with function department to get new project
2. Implementation-take full responsibility for the whole process of project implementation including design, tendering , application for government approval, kickoff preparation, construction, completion and guarantee period.
3. Design-support the function department to produce the design brief, review the design proposal from DI and join the design review meeting.
4. Tendering-conduct the tendering including pre-qualification, document preparation, tendering issuance, on-site survey, opening, inquiry and answer, submission of assessment report to recommend the qualified contractor
5. Construction kickoff-arrange and monitor the preparation of temporary water, electricity, drainage, communication and road by contractor or employer
6. Manage and monitor the site activity among employer, supervision and contractor, as well as the project construction to achieve the project target in terms of high quality, on-time delivery, within budget and HSE compliance. Manage the change of work scope and the variation valuation.
7. Completion inspection-coordinate the inspection and acceptance activity, identify and document the key lessons and achievements, conduct the document filing
8. Based on GLEEDS’ project management process, coordinate and deploy company resources in a cost-effective way to fully deliver the scope of GLEEDS services to ensure quality of service to the clients, develop team members, through the project implementation.
9. Coordinate the relationship among contractors, supervisors and ER
10. Draft all related project plan and project report, lead project meeting, review and release the document issued to all related party.
11. Inform the financial department to release the payment advice based on the contract agreement, follow-up the payment to company account
Education & Qualification
Degree of Civil Engineering, Construction Management or M&E Engineering
Knowledge & Experience
1. At least 7 years of relevant work in civil engineering, M&E engineering and construction management
2. Working knowledge of China HSE requirements, China construction code
3. Familiarity with government approvals process;
4. Competent in both written and spoken English;
5. Understanding FIDIC conditions and project programme scheduling;
6. IT literate and Autocad 2000 experienced.
1. Understanding of full responsibilities required when managing a project
2. Ability to understand commercial management.
3. Must be able to understand and apply Employer Requirements
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to:
Gleeds is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Gleeds is an Investor in People (Gold)